It’s my 20th birthday today!
I spent the whole weekend on a roller coaster of emotions and this is a list of 20 things I have learned and understood at 20.
- There’s nothing wrong with all black.
- Signature looks do make an impact over time.
- Navy blue is a lot more appealing than all the other blues.
- Relationships shouldn’t be the centre of anyone’s universe.
- I’m a lot nicer when I’ve had breakfast.
- Dogs are better company than humans at a stressful time.
- People change and that’s just something you have to accept.
- Moving away from home isn’t always a good thing, but it isn’t a bad thing either; you just have to find middle ground.
- Always make lists before going grocery shopping or you’re going to come home with at least 3 packs of pain au chocolat.
- Don’t let go of that little habit of reading one book a month. It doesn’t have to relate to your field of work.
- Don’t restrict yourself to one genre of music because it’s your ‘vibe’. That’s not a thing.
- You are never too old to get balloons on your birthday.
- Being friends with your ex isn’t always a bad decision.
- If you haven’t lost some of your best friends, you haven’t grown up.
- People don’t always think before they speak, don’t take everything literally.
- Books and movies you read and watched in your childhood are always a great source of comfort, regardless of age.
- Less is more.
- Sometimes more is good.
- Don’t depend on people as a source of happiness.
- As clichéd as it sounds; it does get better.
Onto the next 20!